Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 25, 2008

Buddha's Brew Roasted Chix Breast

Crispy skin, juicy insides


Look at the plump, juicy breast!

Some time back, Urban (Straits Times Supplement Paper) recommended this special spice blend called Buddha's Brew from Indigo Grinds(http://www.indigogrinds.com/). It boasts of an interesting and aromatic touch to roasts. I was bowled over and went to get a bottle (not exactly cheap though at $14+ a bottle) but felt it was alright since it came with its own grinder - fresh herbs & spices only a turn away!

I used it today for a simple lunch of roasted Chicken Breast. Frankly, I feel that the sea salt content was a tad too much so I can't really smell or taste the mint, lemong grass, etc. Nevertheless, it was delicious cos it was cooked just right and the breast was not dry - it was sweet and juicy with a crispy skin. Considering I did not even rest the chicken after roasting.

Actually it kind of tasted like how I normally roast my chicken - just salt & pepper! But, I will try again, will update if I do! If you are still keen on this cute blend, you can get it from Tanglin Mall.

Ingredients
  • 1 large Chicken Breast with Bone
  • Buddha's Brew
  • Black Pepper
  • Oil
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
  2. Grind Buddha's Brew all over the top & under the breast
  3. Sprinkle some black pepper on the top of breast
  4. Rub the spices in the meat and put some under the skin
  5. Leave to marinate for 15-20 mins
  6. Rub the oil onto the whole breast
  7. Place into oven to roast for 40 mins
  8. Remove and serve hot with potato salad/rice/veg

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails