Thursday, July 29, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
I saw Alice making some really cool bread onigiri and thought I tried it out using egg mayo as filling. Kimi doesn't like cheese and egg now so I am still trying to re-train him although he ate these foods everyday when he was small.
Somehow, the bread onigiri don look as round and smooth as Alice's. Not sure it's the bread or my method. Hmm, I must find out. :) If anyone knows, pls tell me ok?
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
It was a little boring for the boys till they got to Level 4 where there were more interesting hand-ons for them like getting a weaved bird, drawing on interactive screens and learning about the different trees and leaves. I felt this was more real for them. Level 6 was too 'mature' and 'arty farty' for them to appreciate. :)
Anyway, nice to see familliar faces again! :)
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Overall, it is good as the many reviews had said. We spent a nice afternoon there. So glad we managed to catch 1 free screening of ABC Soup. This is so cute and hilarious! It showcases a few Weimaraners posing as humans using all the alphabets to make a yummy soup. And along the way, the kids are introduced to all the alphabets and the words that starts with the corresponding alphabets. We loved the show and Kimi laughed so hard too! Such a pity, we couldn't catch the rest of the screenings. There's an exceprt here .
Friday, July 16, 2010
Initailly I tried to reason and think about the plot and all. But, I felt rather disconnected and found it incredulous. In the end, I'd reckon to best enjoy the show was to just take in the 'sights'. That is, to just relish in the play of lights, props and scenes. To think too much about what the plot is about or what or where the protagonist is going really kills the joy of watching.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
You can use the stencil and follow the colour or just create your own. Iron on it and it becomes a rigid display! Excellent for training fine motor.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Teacher Maria said she loves Kimi's bold and creative style. Kimi also said that dinos must be VERY big so he wanted to fill his paper with the dino. :)
Friday, July 09, 2010
Just a quick snack box for Kimi before SM class today. No cute details, nothing. Just a quick fruity snack box with cute picks which Kimi loves. :)
I love this new lunch box which I got from Daiso as the size is just nice and great for small snacks. I also got the other smaller sized box which is great too!
Wednesday, July 07, 2010
A simple pandan bread with butter and cut out into frogs. Lately, Kimi seems to love frogs! If anyone sees any frog picks, pls let me know ya? Tks!!
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
- Fresh salmon marinated with salt & pepper
- Mixed vegetable
- 4-6 quail's eggs, hard boiled
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cheese (optional)
- Puff pastry
- Lightly pan-fry salmon till just cooked, remove and use fork to loosen meat
- Add pre-boiled mixed vegetable to salmon
- Mix in mayonnaise and cheese
- Roll out pastry as per package's instruction
- Cut out desired shape and brush beaten egg over
- Scoop some of the salmon mixture, add quail's egg and fold over the pastry
- Use a fork to seal the edges
- Brush beaten egg over the pockets
- Bake in 220 Degrees Celsius oven till golden brown
- The best way to make a triangle pocket (or any other design) is to lightly fold over 1 pc of rolled out pastry sheet into 2. Then cut the triangle leaving the folded edge un-cut. This way as you open up the cut-out pastry, you can fold it easily back after putting in the filling.