- Chicken fillet
- 1 tbsp of fresh white bait (washed and drained)
- 2 inch egg tofu sliced thickly (you can also use plain if BB dont take full eggs yet)
- A few florets of broccoli
- 2 tbsp white rice grains
- Put all ingredients except tofu and broccoli into slow cooker.
- Add hot water and set on high.
- Cook for 1.5 to 2 hours depending on texture needed.
- Occasionally check on porridge and add water when necesary so that it doesn't dry up.
- Add in the tofu and broccoli 30 mins before serving.
- Remove the chicken fillet and shred before adding back to porridge.
- Serve hot
- If you want you can use stock instead of water but because you are already using the chix fillet and white bait as a 'stock base' here, there is no need to.
- I prefer to use the actual chix or pork or other ingredients to boil as 'stock base' for the porridges cos it is more tasty compared to using pre-prepared stock. This is because the flavour will steep into the porridge, making it more tasty.
- Normally, I do not use these meat again. I would remove and discard and add fish. But for the chix fillet, i would shred it and use it if I'm not giving fish for that meal.