He only finished half a bowl. Not sure, he doesn't like the taste or he's teething again. He's been rather slow and fussy these few days during meal times.
Well, perservere, perservere & perservere!
- 2 tsp Organic Miso (or any that u have. Mix paste in water till dissovled)
- 2 large tbsp of minced pork
- 1 hand bunch of Spinach leaves
- 1 egg (or egg yolk, beaten)
- 1 small bunch of mee sua
- Light Soya sauce
- Sesame oil
- A pinch of corn flour
- Place minced pork in a sieve and wash it in running water. Use spoon to press out excess water and marinate with a little light soya sauce, pepper, sesame oil and corn flour. Leave to marinate for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil separate pot of boiling water and add mee sua. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove and run cold water through it. Set aside.
- Boil the dissolved miso till bubbling, add minced pork and stir continuously so the pork will not lump into a large patty.
- Add the spinach leaves.
- Throw in the boiled mee sua before stirring in the egg mixture.
- Cut the mee sua roughly with scissors to break down the bulk so that bb can feed easier.
- Serve immediately.
- Pls taste the miso mixture as different miso have different taste and salt content so be cautious that you do not add too much. If you added too much, just pour some of the mixture away and add more water.
- Mee sua do absorb quite a bit of liquid so do not wait to long to serve or it may become a large gluey glob.
- Running cold water through the mee sua stops it from cooking further.
- Do not leave/boil mee sua for too long as overcooking it may result in a sticky gluey texture. Unless this is the kind of texture you would like to serve bb or bb likes such texture then it is fine.
- Do not use the broth/soup meant for eating to cook the mee sua as it gives out a white, powdery texture tainting your broth/soup.