|2 cute, silly bugs - we love ladybugs, do you?|
Ooh, almost half the week has gone by before the school hols beckon! Kimi really enjoyed this crispy meatballs. I've included the recipe below.
What do you need?
- 200g Minced meat (chix, pork or whatever you prefer)
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Dash of sea salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp mirin
- Cheese (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Some flour and bread or cracker crumbs
How to do it?
- Wash and rinse mince in sieve and squeeze out excess water.
- Marinate with corn flour, minced garlic, salt, pepper, fish sauce and mirin for at least 30mins.
- Wet hands, take about 2 tsp of meat, roll into balls.
- If you like cheese, flatten meat on palm, add some cheddar or mozarella in the centre and close up meat cavity and roll into a ball.
- Dust with flour, dredge in egg wash and roll on crumbs.
- Fry on medium low fire till golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup mixed with a little Lea & Perrins Sauce. If your ketchup is too sour, you can add a little honey and mix well. Or if you like more spice, you can sprinkle some grounded Paprika once it is out from the pan.