Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Bento #60 - Chick Chick


This is a post of many firsts. :)  This is my first hand shaped onigiri, my first time making tamagoyaki and my first week of making so many bentos.  Usually, I would make 1 or 2 a week and they aren't much of a bento.  I call them plating cos it's what I make for Kimi's breakfast.

I'm so happy and really enjoyed the process of making these charaben.  Even Kimi will ask me what bento he will be having. :)  I hope I will be able to continue to make at least 1 or 2 each week.

In this bento : Hand moulded rice chick onigiri, decorated with nori, 2 corn kernels and ketchup for blushing cheeks. Xiao Bai Cai stir fry with abalone mushrooms, corn, tamagoyaki, salmon stew, cherry tomato.  I used purple potato for the stew hence it became rather dark. 

5 comments:

karen said...

your tomaoyaki looks very yummy! love your chicky theme. congrats to all your firstS. hehe..
cheers.

karen said...

your tomaoyaki looks very yummy! love your chicky theme. congrats to all your firstS. hehe..
cheers.

Sonoma Bento said...

You did a GREAT job on that tamagoyaki and onigiri! I have yet to try tamagoyaki. For some reason I feel intimidated by it. :) I wish I did have more time to make bentos, right now I can manage about 3 per week. Love this bento Tona-mama! Tweet tweet!

tona-mama said...

Karen - Tks so much Karen! :)

Sonoma Bento - Tks for your encouragement! :) I am also very intimidated but I thought hey, just try it out. The trick is getting everything ready and use low fire and pour only a little to coat a think layer of egg batter.

I saw the tutorial from here:-

http://lunchinabox.net/2007/07/10/making-tamagoyaki-or-dashimaki-tamago-omelettes/

Pls try it ya? Not tt scary after all. U r such a great cook so it's chicken feet for u. (erm, no pun intended!) Lol!

Angeleyes said...

The tamagoyaki is looking good! And so is that little chick! YOu are getting really good with onigiri!!!

Did you get this Shinkasen box reacently? I am looking for it but non of the e-shop is carrying it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails