Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Steamed Chicken with Lilybulbs and Wood Ear


My neighbour, Karen shared this dish with me some time back and I loved it so much that I decided to recreate it.

It is really simple and I love how the subtle taste of each ingredient is amplified when we put all of it together! An easy on the palate kind of dish. :)

Ingredients

  • 250g fresh chicken, skin removed (I used a mixture of fillet and drum)
  • 2 pcs of Wood Ear, soaked, clean and cut in small pieces
  • 2 Fresh Lilybulbs, cleaned and separated
  • 8 pcs of small Dried Chinese Mushrooms
  • 1-2 shallot sliced thinly
  • 1 thumb of ginger, sliced
  • 1/2 tsp of sugar
  • 1/2 tsp of grated ginger
  • 1/2 tsp of grated garlic
  • Light soya sauce
  • Dash of pepper
  • 5-7 tbsp of Chinese Wine
  • 2-3 Fresh Basil leaves
Method

  1. Marinate chicken with grated ginger, garlic, light soya sauce, sugar, pepper and chinese wine for at least an hour
  2. Add in sliced ginger, basil leaves, shallots and lilybulbs.
  3. Mix well and steam till just cooked.
  4. Enjoy!
Tips

  1. I will add some water in to the dish as I like it with more gravy - so yummy with rice!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails